The tier of gear after Ayanad is so-called the Erenor gear. This article details information published by XLGames in their article concerning Erenor gear. (I am not sure if it will be called Ipni or Erenor gear, but I will call it Erenor gear.)
Erenor gear has some interesting perks that other kinds of gear do not have.
Erenor Gear Perks
Due to the nature of Erenor-tier gear, they often “bond” with its user. As time went on reconstructing Erenor weapons and armor from ancient times, researchers figured out that they brim with power under certain occassions!
- Erenor Weapons will glow in response to the kind of skill you use. For example, if you are wielding an Erenor sword and use a Battlerage skill, it will glow during the time the skill is being used. Once the skill has been completed, the weapon goes back to its normal state.
- Erenor Armor will grant you larger and brighter wings depending on its grade. A set of Erenor Armor must be complete for it to appear. These wings pay homage to the ancient Ipni people – the ancestors of Astras (who similarily have wings)!
Another perk of Erenor gear is that you can select the stats that you want. But how does that work?
What I believe is the biggest perk with Erenor weapons is… You don’t have to regrade them with scrolls.
This is shocking, but it is completely true.
So how does one regrade Erenor items?
One can use gear from regular/Obsidian gear crafting, dungeon gear, and raid boss gear to level up the Erenor items. This is similar to costume and cloak leveling, except regrading Erenor items will certainly be a lot pricier.
However, the big catch is that the “fodder” (items used to level Erenor gear) must be of the same grade of the Erenor gear… Good luck trying to get it to the new grade above Mythic!
It is unclear if you are able to have some influence on what possible rolls can occur with regrading and selecting stats of Erenor gear in XLGames’ post.
In the screenshots shown above, you see the traditional gear UI, but below the gear score section, you see the Synthesis effects section. It seems to not only be concerning stats like Strength, Intelligence and Stamina, as the screenshot of the Erenor weapon shows some sort of percent.
One last special thing about Erenor gear is that they can be enchanted by Lunafrosts (and possibily Lunagems) designed for Erenor gear.
These special enchantment items cannot be socketed on any other kind of gear.
With creative naming, I call them “Ipni Eclipse” (Google Translate calls it “Ipni Moon Shadow”, but Eclispe just sounds better). stones. Unlike regular lunafrosts, they are affected by the number of the same stone socketed. For example in the screenshot below this “Flame Ipni Eclipse Stone” enchantement item has some available stats.
- Having only 3 three armor pieces enchanted by this “Hit Rating” by 506.
- However, if you have 4 piece Erenor, you have an additional stat of 560 “Flexibility” (one of the PvP stats, forgot which one).
- If you decide to enchant all 7 armor pieces with this stone, this specific enchantment will grant you an additional 18.6% increase to your critical damage.
Of course, the stats given by these enchantment items are reflected by their prefix. Perhaps the effects will be different with one of thr Wave or Stone prefix.
How Do I Craft Erenor Gear?
XLGames put a high proficienc requirement for making Erenor gear, so if you were one of those dedicated people working on weapon/armor production, you will be needed since the requirement is a minimum of 180K proficiency. If you want that Ayanad bow to become Erenor, look for a skilled carpenter you trust to craft it for you, or level up carpentry. Same with Weaponry, Handicrafts, Tailoring, Leatherworking and Metalworking.
To have it simply put:
Divine or Higher Ayanad + “Ipna’s Favor” + Crafting Materials = Basic-Grade Erenor (remember, you can level up the Erenor weapon)
- Ipna’s Favor seems to be a sort of item obtainable from quest and dailies in Candlestick Strait and Whale Song zones in Auroria.
- Due to the fact that Erenor armor has no random prefix like other armors, XLGames implies that you do not have to get the upgradable prefix (like Volcano for bows, Summer for Swords) to upgrade it.
If they do post more detail about Erenor gear, I’ll be sure to cover it in a short post that links back to this one 🙂