XLGames has finally released their special website for 3.0 (found here). This encompasses of what Archeage players can look forward to in the new update! There’s many features coming in the new update. Let’s look at them in the order they appear on the XLGames website.
(NOTE: As I read more about the 3.0 update some information is subject to change)
The two new races, Dwarves and Warborn will come out in this update.
The dwarves will have the ability to use a mechsuit, in which XL describes it as “A quite strong ability”. The picture below illustrates that cool mechsuit.
NA/EU version will call their transformation the “Juggernaut”.
If you’re interested in the new animations for dwarf combat, you can watch the video below!
And don’t forget the beautiful starting zones they live in, Aubre Cradle and Airain Rock (Nuia)!
The Warborn’s alternate mode called “Predator” allows them to become very powerful. You can see the pictures of their Predator mode below.
NA/EU version will call their transformation the “Ravager”.
Here’s a small look at their animations for spells and attacks:
Plus their starting zone, Sunbite Wilds (Haranya)!
All races have their passives reworked a little bit and now, all of them have a 5 minute buff that can be activated by going to the Skills window and clicking the button for it. This skill has a 30 minute cooldown.
The transformations for the Warborn and Dwarves initially last for 2 minutes and 30 seconds but by leveling up the transformation, you can unlock new skills and increase the duration up to 5 minutes. During the transformation you can ONLY use the skills that the transformation has, and you cannot use items.
The new “HatreD” Skills + pve/pvp changes + Weapons
There are new passive and active skills with this new update. These, as said before, can be applied to any skillset as long as all skillsets are level 55. I will make a separate post about these to go further in depth.
They can be seen in the video above.
In our version they will be called “Abyssal Skills”. You will need to be level 55 in each skill tree before you can start the questline to activate Abyssal Skills. Abyssal Skills also have levels, and do not use much mana because they have a certain number of “points” that you use while using abyssal skills.
A new battleground in Mistsong Dungeon allows a 12v12 group to battle against each other! There will be no restrictions placed on this battleground.
There will also be a Naval PvP area. Ten players can go up against each other to battle each other’s ship. (This will come out after the new Reedwind zone release and the Thunderwing Titan in Korea).
A feature for character stats will be added. It appears as so a special item allows you to distribute the base stats of a character differently than normal.
Concerning weapons, any weapon graded Celestial or higher will have a glowing effect on it that corresponds to the grade’s color.
For example, the picture shows an (left) Epic Tier 7 Obsidian Scepter compared to a Mythic Tier 7 Obsidian Scepter.
The Three-Legged-Crow (the Thunderwing Titan for our version) is an aerial world boss, meaning you have to fly around on a glider (that acts like the Astra Wings) to take it down!
This world boss is in the zone of Reedwind (north of Diamond Shores). (You can see a clip of it in this video!) In Korea, this world boss came out after the 3.0 release.
These buildings have several beds (that you can sleep in for the price of 2 Gilda Stars). These are not purchasable. These are community residential halls that can be upgraded through completing dailies.
This community center can bump down a hostile faction’s community center down to Rank 1. Found in Cinderstone Moore and Ynystere.
This mansion seemingly makes the 230,000 proficiency items. Found in Marianople, Hellswamp, Sanddeep, Halcyona, Falcorth Plains, Rookborne Basin and Windscour Savannah.
This mansion has plants that cannot be purchased at regular seed vendors. Found in Gwenoid Forest, Karkasse Ridgelands, Ahnimar, Villanelle, Silent Forest and Rokhala Mountains.
This mansion makes a new kind of pack. You use Blue Salt Hammers to make the packs. Found in Two Crowns, White Arden, Hasla, and Perinoor Ruins.
This mansion allows people to rent vehicles! The types of vehicles that can be rented depend on the zone the residential hall is in. (One has vehicles for rent, the other version has boats for rent) Vehicle renting community centers are found in Aubre Cradle, Airain Rock, Arcum Iris, and Tigerspine Moutains. Ship renting community centers are found in Solzreed Peninsula, Lilyut Hills, Dewstone Plains, Mahadevi, Solis Headlands and Sunbite Wilds.
Quality of Life changes
XLGame’s new family system is different from our version. It now comes with dailies that provide vocation badges. Families now have levels, just like guilds do! Increasing the family level will give you more buffs.
XL has added huge housing areas for all of your housing needs! There will be at least land for 2,500 medium sized houses throughout all of this new land. There will also be some area of Sunbite Wilds that can be used to use Aquafarms. This video below shows some of the land that can be claimed.
XL has added another level to all proficiencies. 180,000 proficiency is not the maximum anymore! It is now 230,000. At 230,000 proficiency, you earn a 230% increase in experience points, 40% reduction in labor points, and 26% reduction in time needed to complete an action in that proficiency.
In addition to the new cap increase, you can create top-tier items, such as new Fortuna Dice, Potions, and Food! These have much higher effects or uses than a regular one.
New Character Customization Interface
The UI for the Character Customization has had an overhaul. See the video above to see how it looks like!
Other interesting things
- The trade pack system has a new… Feature. It seems to be that it rewards much higher rewards when turning it in at a certain time? (Not sure, will read about it more later!) They also increased the amount of materials you need for a pack, added Gilda Stars to some of them, and larders have ben reworked.
- New boxes around the world can be opened with keys, which have inside some cool items like Lucky Point shards!
- The quests pertaining to Orchidna will flow in line with people creating new characters (this matches the main storyline for the race).
- You can finally auto-roll on something! You will just need to right-click your name and select the option to turn on auto-roll or not.
- A regrade charm of some sort has been added. This charm enhances the success rate and with this, it (I might interpret this wrong) cannot cause a failure on regrades. Crafted through Masonry.
- Teleport favorites are here! Now you don’t have to look through 10 pages of available ports to figure out where you want to go.
- It seems that you can now combine Combat Scrolls (such as drinks, foods, spellbooks etc) so you can easily use them and get fighting.
- Bread and soups last for 5 seconds but heal as much as one would over 30 seconds. They have 5 second cooldowns. However they cannot be used in battle!
- Green and purple health/mana potions have their base health/mana recovery and a 10-second buff that restores 10% of the base recovery amount. So if a health pot restores 1000HP, you will heal 1000HP at first then 100HP every second for 10 seconds. These pots have a 21 second cooldown.
That’s all for right now, once the official patch notes have been released (and compared to other regions), I can try to provide you all with accurate information about the 3.0 update!
What are you excited about?